Thursday, May 19, 2011

Turn! Turn! Turn!

 
To everything there is a season and time to every purpose under Heaven. Sometimes, it's easy to forget this. When we find ourselves at a "turn" in our life we can become disheveled, anxious, and overwhelmed by uncertainty. But, God reminds us, through His incredible word, brought to song by The Byrds, there is a season for all things. God knows what has been, what is, and what will be, and thus we must TRUST in His Almighty plan for us. Easier said than done!

I grew up with a plan for my life. I had it all figured out...from where I would go to college, when I would get married, where I would settle down, how many kids I would have, right down to the clothes I would wear as a grown up. Thank God for all those "turns" that redirected those plans! I look back now, realizing where I am today, and know that God surely had a reason for those things that disrupted my plans, and so beautifully revealed his to me. God is good about turning us around when we are off course and he did that with me many times this short life. Those turns are the very things that have allowed me to find my calling in life: youth ministry. And, ten or more years ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about what I am doing today. But, that is the funny thing about God's plan. It is always so much grander than anything we could ever dream up. 

So, here I am...ready for another TURN--

Where do you feel God is turning you around in your life? How have your plans been keeping you from all that he has designed you for? Are you so focused on what you want to be, that you are failing to see what could be with God involved? Today, let Him turn you around and direct your footsteps. He has AMAZING plans for you! Go ahead: Turn! Turn! Turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment